pátek 17. září 2010

Remember the Milk Outlook Synchronization by Remember The Milk?

It it not the end of the year yet, but I saw something interesting last day and it reminded me of the thing I was doing from January till today...

That I saw was really interesting - Remember The Milk people are about to have their own Outlook synchronization.

It seems quite logical to me. If you read the thread at Remember The Milk forum, you can see there was quite a demand for Outlook synchronization from the very beginning (2007).

I am not sure what brought me to Remember The Milk the first time, but it was my wife who appointed me to this online task list the second time. I opened the web and ... surprise, surprise, it looked very familiar and I found out I was already registered!

Working for Sprinx Systems at that time (and still now) and using Microsoft Outlook for my task management, I was looking for something that would synchronize Outlook with RTM. I was always interested in synchronization, wrote the very first version of SprinxCRM Outlook Sync ages ago and I wanted to use online task management.

Actually, that is why I started to develop SprinxCRM OutlookSync for Remember The Milk back in February 2010. Of course I did some research first and get my few beta-testers through a simple form here on the blog.

As far as I know the synchronizer worked pretty well from the beginning and when I saw the Software Engineer (Windows) opened position at Remember The Milk jobs page with explanation that the guy will be responsible for Outlook integration, I was amused. I even applied explaining that it the sync is already done, but apparently was not chosen.

However, I am very interested to see what was created by RTM people. Every competition is good, that is what I think about this. And that is also the story of OutlookSync - it evolved into UniversalSync and it supports not only Remember The Milk these days, but also Producteev and more will come in the future.

Žádné komentáře: